Author Topic: Dung Huts and Subsistence Farming  (Read 299459 times)

Cohiba

Dung Huts and Subsistence Farming
« on: April 13, 2015, 03:15:09 AM »
As a medical student, it has occurred to me that technology and science have ruined housing architecture. I mean, just look at this extraneous complexity:

Now, isn't this much better?

veryorigen

Re: Dung Huts and Subsistence Farming
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 03:23:27 AM »
The efficacy of Westernized living quarters are the leading cause of cancer and infertility. Too bad for you, I'll be in my earthen yurt eating 100% organic winter squash and rooting my wife. Have you ever been warmed by a real flame? And I'm not referring to one built with your dinosaur gases either. I bet you can't even squat your own body weight, or engage in hand to hand combat or any masculine things like that.

Exilarch

• Jacobin
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 03:33:52 AM »
I am a fountain of butthurt.

This pleases me.

Cohiba

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 03:56:19 AM »
Nah, I'm just pointing out that someone who is going into a field whose entire subject matter is rooted in technology and science likes to play pretend anarcho-primitivist on internet message boards because it's edgy.

Carjack

• Jacobin
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 04:01:46 AM »
anarcho-notretarded

Carjack

• Jacobin
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 04:03:16 AM »
"Hey look I've mastered all this awesome technology and make a six figure income. Better buy something ridiculously expensive and high maintenance so I can be in debt up to my ass despite making more money than 5000 Africans will ever see. Else what's the point of having technology?"

Exilarch

• Jacobin
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 04:06:20 AM »
Nah, I'm just pointing out that someone who is going into a field whose entire subject matter is rooted in technology and science likes to play pretend anarcho-primitivist on internet message boards because it's edgy.

It's always "yur a weekend warriur!" with internet people.

Nobody ever considers I might be a legit dedicated anarcho-primitivist going into a tech heavy field for the money. Nope, just larping.

Carjack

• Jacobin
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 04:08:00 AM »
The point of technology is to be as big and inefficient (energy wise) as possible.

The Great Pyramid is the peak of human technology.

Carjack

• Jacobin
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 04:08:33 AM »
A bicycle is technically more useful to mankind than a giant pyramid, but fuck that eurofaggotry! Think BIG!

Carjack

• Jacobin

veryorigen

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 04:27:48 AM »

It's always "yur a weekend warriur!" with internet people.

Nobody ever considers I might be a legit dedicated anarcho-primitivist going into a tech heavy field for the money. Nope, just larping.

"Legit anarcho-primitivist"

You mean the descendants of 1850's gold rush crazies that demonize the things they'll never have so they can be satisfied living in hobbit-themed architecture? That sounds like the ideology of desperate people that seek out the most novelty in life. If Disneyworld weren't so conventional, it'd literally be just another anarcho-primitivist enclave.

veryorigen

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 04:29:14 AM »

Mmhm.

Exilarch

• Jacobin
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 04:31:26 AM »
"Legit anarcho-primitivist"

You mean the descendants of 1850's gold rush crazies that demonize the things they'll never have so they can be satisfied living in hobbit-themed architecture? That sounds like the ideology of desperate people that seek out the most novelty in life. If Disneyworld weren't so conventional, it'd literally be just another anarcho-primitivist enclave.

People lived in the sort of housing I posted about in the UK since ancient times and they turned out fine.

Hey, you don't like the earthen building thing, don't do it. Your life is your own.

Carjack

• Jacobin
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 04:33:31 AM »
Wait a minute, what do those cob houses lack that normal houses have?

I want Cohiba to explain

veryorigen

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 04:39:01 AM »
Wait a minute, what do those cob houses lack that normal houses have?

I want Cohiba to explain

Normal white people.