Author Topic: Debate: Bioweapons  (Read 295668 times)

accountt1234

Debate: Bioweapons
« on: November 02, 2015, 03:37:41 PM »
What to do, when a ship carrying a hundred passengers suddenly capsizes and there is only one lifeboat? When the lifeboat is full, those who hate life will try to load it with more people and sink the lot. Those who love and respect life will take the ship's axe and sever the extra hands that cling to the sides.
- Pentti Linkola

What argument do you have against my suggestion, of releasing a bioweapon that would kill around 90% of the human population?

vir

• Manager
Re: Debate: Bioweapons
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 04:51:29 PM »
The biggest problem for me is that it is uncontrolled and could be a total disaster.

The second is that you're not selecting for the best, but selecting randomly, which is not only egalitarian (poo) but also unwise.

Finally, I'd say there's a much easier way: end liberalism. Without liberal welfare states and multiculturalism, people in various parts of the world will reduce size in order to avoid starving.

Regarding the moral question, my belief is that all morals are situational: whatever achieves the best result in reality is right. I'm not sure this is the best result and it has some substantial downsides.

accountt1234

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 06:03:40 AM »
The biggest problem for me is that it is uncontrolled and could be a total disaster.

A bigger disaster than not doing it?

The second is that you're not selecting for the best, but selecting randomly, which is not only egalitarian (poo) but also unwise.

Selection for the best occurs after the plague, as smart and non-obedient people survive.

Finally, I'd say there's a much easier way: end liberalism. Without liberal welfare states and multiculturalism, people in various parts of the world will reduce size in order to avoid starving.

How well has this worked so far?

vir

• Manager
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 11:23:12 AM »
How well has this worked so far?

No one has attempted it yet. But it is the shortest route to the desired end results, without having to engage in highly risky activities.

accountt1234

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 12:21:56 PM »
How much success have you had at ending "liberalism"?

vir

• Manager
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 01:29:03 PM »
How much success have you had at ending "liberalism"?

I'm not in charge here. We are talking about policy decisions. Therefore, we would have to first choose to end liberalism as a policy decision -- this has never happened before -- and compare at that point.

Unless you're suggesting a homebrew bioweapon?

accountt1234

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 02:12:08 PM »
Unless you're suggesting a homebrew bioweapon?

That's exactly what I'm suggesting.

What would happen if every angry white male who spends his days on the Internet complaining about his tax dollars from his hard work (which consists for 80% of sitting in a cubicle posting angry comments on blogs while waiting for some elderly women to call him over to help her with her computer problems) being used to pay for some illegal immigrant's foodstamps would pool his money with other angry white males to build a bioweapon that selectively gets rid of whatever particular group of people they are so angry about?

vir

• Manager
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 03:32:22 PM »
I don't actually think that's what we're mad about, not that anyone can articulate it.

We're living in a failed civilization. It is existentially miserable. That makes everyone surly and bitter.

The real solution is to fix our civilization and cut off the rest of the world, which will then return to equilibrium of population.

accountt1234

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 04:02:29 PM »
I don't actually think that's what we're mad about, not that anyone can articulate it.

We're living in a failed civilization. It is existentially miserable. That makes everyone surly and bitter.

The real solution is to fix our civilization and cut off the rest of the world, which will then return to equilibrium of population.

Can you give an example of a civilization that wasn't existentially miserable?

vir

• Manager
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 04:23:50 PM »

This like other things is a question of degrees, but I think Amerika up through the 1940s was not existentially miserable.

Hieronymus Flufflebottom

• Jacobin
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 04:59:38 PM »
Countries free of liberalism and multiculturalism tend to have sustainable populations.

Just look at the heart of Africa where birth rates are low and there are not too many people.

accountt1234

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2015, 05:28:00 PM »
I think Amerika up through the 1940s was not existentially miserable.
Correct, these kids down here are just suffering a chemical imbalance in their brains:

Nothing a little vitamin D can't fix.

vir

• Manager
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 08:15:39 PM »
What percentage of workers do you think that was?

The Left's oldest trick: "This one example EQUALS the norm!"

accountt1234

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 01:42:38 AM »
What percentage of workers do you think that was?

The Left's oldest trick: "This one example EQUALS the norm!"
Go ahead and look up what the average work week in the late 19th century was.

vir

• Manager
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2015, 07:05:03 AM »
Go ahead and look up what the average work week in the late 19th century was.

What was it in the 1920s?

And do those "average" figures include people outside the cities? I didn't think so.