Author Topic: How do you think?  (Read 4037 times)

Flying Kites

How do you think?
« on: December 10, 2015, 09:41:26 PM »
I rely mostly on impressions without acrualing them into language. The use of language in my thoughts is typically mundane. Language is (self?) conscious and reminiscent of Samwise LOTR.

Flying Kites

Re: How do you think?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 11:04:52 PM »

Flying Kites

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 04:52:48 PM »
I rely mostly on impressions without acrualing them into language. The use of language in my thoughts is typically mundane. Language is (self?) conscious and reminiscent of Samwise LOTR.

Language is sentimental, typically a desire to explain ideas or things to people close and even those I haven't been with in years.

-A

• Coordinator
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 06:45:47 PM »
I also think with impressions but my mind cannot help but give a monologue. It is the bad habit of framing. Unfortunately for my monologue, even though I have taken to learning proper grammar, I have learned language phonetically my whole life. Even big words that I was able to infer given meaning to. This can be a bit of a dangerous way to learn your own language if you are not in the right environment. Natural thinking does tend to come in the internal impression. Everything else from there is refinement of the idea at best and injection of wishful thinking at worst.

crow

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 04:14:58 PM »
I don't think. My mind is given over almost entirely to intuition. Consider...

Education is what imposes the requirement to think. Until this occurs, intuitive imagery is all that takes place. You may refer to these as 'thoughts', but there is no sign of the process known as 'thinking'.
But those who teach us to think don't know how to not-think. And so, once thinking is initiated, there is never an end to it.

Ending thinking requires concerted effort to rediscover the off-switch. Most never find it. But if they do, silence returns. Clarity. Readiness.

Thinking plunges the thinker into an internal simulation of life, insulating the thinker from actually living it.
The conservative is prone to stick with an accurate simulation, never veering too far into fantasy.
The leftist is one to whom fantasy is preferable to Reality, and who soon ditches Reality, altogether, far preferring fantasy.

Thinking is a dangerous course, in that the thinker loses awareness of just how much he thinks, and how little he lives.

My sources for this? Me. (aka: The entire Universe). 

-A

• Coordinator
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 08:34:50 PM »
The leftist is one to whom fantasy is preferable to Reality, and who soon ditches Reality, altogether, far preferring fantasy.

Perhaps their intuition is also crippled?

Thinking plunges the thinker into an internal simulation of life, insulating the thinker from actually living it.

However, it makes for a very useful tool when the right person uses it correctly.

crow

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 03:13:35 PM »
Thinking is what cripples intuition.
And yes: thinking is a tool. One does not stop being oneself in favor of becoming one's favorite tool.
Unless one becomes hopelessly confused.

The intuitive can think, when necessary. The thinker can not be intuitive, unless by accident.

-A

• Coordinator
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 04:49:53 PM »
The intuitive can think, when necessary. The thinker can not be intuitive, unless by accident.

My first response to this will be "but what about the man who wants to verbalize what he intuits" and then I really think about it. I think about all of the people who, to do something so damn simple, so much in the best interest of themselves and their own friends and family, they need an entire dissertation of scientific evidence on why it is objectively a good thing before they will do anything of the sort because it "doesn't feel right." People with crippled intuitions are often drowning in internal dialogue, internal narrative and structured beliefs of cosmology. They are walking in a moving sphere of their own thoughts and really can't see beyond an arm's length in front of them (driving can prove that) and can't hear what they don't want to hear. They make bad choices, believe bad things and cannot comprehend what is ultimately axiomatic if it can't fit in like a peg.

crow

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 04:54:52 PM »
Haha :)

Best said by replacing all of that with:
"You are right."

Seriously, I've done thinking, and I've done not-thinking. I conclude that thinking precludes living.
You can do the one, or do the other, but you'll never do both at the same time.

-A

• Coordinator
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 02:19:55 PM »
I still like it. Perhaps it is like a drug. Kind of like horses that are chemically addicted to oxygen so they have to have fixtures on their throats/snouts to regulate their breathing.

crow

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2016, 03:09:16 PM »
Of course you like it. It provides you with proof that you exist. Quite apart from it being all you know.

Imagine being dead, and discovering that it is actually superior to being alive. And that it also delivers a choice to not be dead, and that it's your decision.
Not-thinking is a lot like being dead, without being dead. Instead: super alive. Unexpected, or what?

-A

• Coordinator
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 05:04:36 PM »
That is a very intriguing way of verbalizing your position. I like it. I think I have an even better understanding than ever before of what you were getting at with the thinking/no mind position. Thought structures you subscribe to, in fact, remove choice. They only remove it, of course, when they do not reflect reality. But when you never take the time to just exist, in the moment, you don't really allow yourself to be open to contradiction to belief and thought.

crow

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 06:50:06 PM »
People mostly run their version of living based upon agree/disagree.
They hear something, they judge it. Agree/disagree. Doing this, no movement is possible.
Agreeing, they don't investigate further.
Disagreeing, they simply blank it.
Never does it occur that their assumption of 'understanding' may barely scratch the surface.

The mind does not relinquish control easily. If ever.

-A

• Coordinator
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 07:42:46 PM »
No, it doesn't. Most don't know how to tell whether they "know enough" for what they need right now and really knowing something for certain.