Author Topic: End times.  (Read 2048 times)

liveorkill

End times.
« on: May 06, 2016, 10:35:50 PM »
Western liberalism as I have come to understand is debauchery of civilisation.

Radio plays the same music playlist constantly along with ridiculous ads.

Nobody talks about politics because we all somehow agree we are morally superior. ( in qu├ębec, tolerance is a trait but not an indefinite attribute i.e : if we were faced with true adversity )

We are nice, tolerant and multicultural people ( like the english ) so all we need to care about is making our stash and entertain the time we dont spend making that stash.

Most of us endorse democracy and dont even know it.

We enjoy camping and making a simpler living but it is more important to remain within the a social framework.

This way the government can assure your children are accounted for when divorce becomes your burden...

Pluto

Re: End times.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 07:23:39 PM »
We enjoy camping and making a simpler living but it is more important to remain within the a social framework.

Strange, but I think that was the most interesting quote from your post, and I think it explains a lot of stuff about western liberalism. I think that there is a mentality that many, most, maybe all of western liberals have in varying degrees. That we have diverged from some kind of universal togetherness, because of the evilness that some shady elites (they are western too but no one seems to understand that) have 'forced' upon us. If we accept all people, all animals, all anything, we would live in a utopia with blacks, muslims, dogs and ticks. Stop the CO2 emissions, hug bears and live in peace forever until the sun implodes. These "modernists" and "progressives" try to advocate for a "simpler way of life", and as in every western country, here in greece, these progressives really like camping, most of the camping ppl are progressives smoking hash etc. But the question is WHY then return to the city? Stay in the wilderness, make a living in the forest. If it is so good, why go back? However, it seems that they use these "escapes to the wild" to make themselves feel more wild-y and close to "nature", and then go back to their private sector (or worse, public sector) marathons of kissing ass. The reason the west is failing is that we have forgotten about reality, and think that shooting small heroin dosages of "reality" makes us enlightened, and connected to the world, which creates an abrahamic manichean good-vs-bad thing, whatever we agree that is "real" is acceptable, whatever they (people that disagree with western liberalism) say is "real" is wrong and EVIL.

Nature is gradual, analogue electronics. Western liberalism is digital, zero (bad) and one (good). The failure to analyze reality and it's complexity is the doom of the West, and the reason future dinosaurs will caress the statue of liberty like a baby doll.

liveorkill

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 09:33:29 PM »

Had I expressed my thought elaborately, your reply might vary. I paraphrase; camping in our culture, at least to the most urbans, has been reduced to nothing more than a leisure equivalent to paying for a visit at a roller coaster theme park or disney world.

-A

• Coordinator
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 02:22:54 AM »
Had I expressed my thought elaborately, your reply might vary. I paraphrase; camping in our culture, at least to the most urbans, has been reduced to nothing more than a leisure equivalent to paying for a visit at a roller coaster theme park or disney world.

Yup. Modern camping tech and equipment has made it something leisurely while they pretend that they have learned the "wisdom" of the "noble savage" and whatnot.

That we have diverged from some kind of universal togetherness, because of the evilness that some shady elites (they are western too but no one seems to understand that) have 'forced' upon us.

And another yup! Even if we all did come from the exact same hominid back in the hairy ages, it is assumed that we were always holding hands and frolicking around the maypole together. They believe that we can all go back to that under the assumption that it was always true. A part of me also thinks that many understand that there are racial differences and that they can breed us all together to make a Star Trek planetary race. That would require a bit more self and situational awareness than what they have, however. 

crow

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 05:14:14 PM »
My idea of camping was to vanish alone with a backpack, into the Canadian forests, with nothing, and try to not die.
To provide a real challenge, I did this as winter was almost upon me.
Two years later, I re-emerged, you couldn't say victorious, but you could say depleted.

Everybody else goes camping with a mobile home, generator, freezer, armchairs, canoes, mountain bikes, and an entertainment center.

Who knows? Maybe they are right.

-A

• Coordinator
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 02:31:21 PM »
I don't know if I would like a camping trip that inadvertently lasted two years, though. You remind me of a story I read by a fellow who decided to just drop off the grid and who went into the wilderness of Canada. It was a guest blog post on a blog that doesn't exist anymore (I believe In Mala Fide) and he was surprised that there was very little to actually survive off of. Even very little salmon in the rivers and such. I wonder just how barren it was until overthinking English and French came along.

crow

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 02:59:31 PM »
Starvation is an even bigger threat than freezing to death. There's so little game, or edible vegetation.
Did I mention bugs? Even hungrier that you, and in their trillions, you are - to them - a free meal.

That post you mention sounds like I might have been its author.

-A

• Coordinator
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 04:55:13 PM »
Interesting. You even corroborated what the post said. Did you frequent In Mala Fide back in the day?

crow

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 06:54:17 PM »
My memory is generally good, but there are holes in it.
I really couldn't say :)

-A

• Coordinator
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 07:44:38 PM »
 :D Kay.