Author Topic: What kind of cigars does Nigel Farage smoke?  (Read 4122 times)

vir

• Manager
What kind of cigars does Nigel Farage smoke?
« on: June 27, 2016, 08:08:26 AM »

The colors of the label are pretty clear on this one, but I cannot read a name.

Cohiba

Re: What kind of cigars does Nigel Farage smoke?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 03:43:16 PM »
Don't know, can't see your image, nor could I make out the bands on the images I did see.

Of the famous cigar smokers I've seen, few are very discerning in their taste. Only exception is Ron Perlman, who smokes the 1970 Joya de Nicaragua. They tend to opt for the famous, expensive brands with a cuban heritage, such as Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta, H. Upmann, and Cohiba--strangely, never seen Trinidad mentioned. Of those, I can only recommend Upmann. However, we Americans have no access to the Cuban variant, whose factory, I am told, is slightly better than the ones we smoke. The rest are socialite cigars: light, sweet, and overly expensive, where the red dot Cohibas are eleven dollar fakes. 

-A

• Coordinator
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 01:49:49 AM »
It almost looks like Henry Wintermans. I don't quite think it is, though. Henry Wintermans is a Dutch brand that had some popularity in England with a very similar design for a logo but, I don't think it has a white rim around the crest anymore.

Nigel Farage smokes mostly cigarettes and he causes quite a few stirs over them.

liveorkill

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 11:29:06 PM »
Nigel farage smokes the cigar label of winners

-A

• Coordinator
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 03:00:12 PM »
lol. That probably about sums it up, huh?

vir

• Manager
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 06:24:12 AM »
Two brands that have achieved total penetration:

Cohiba and Shiner.

Shiner makes beer here in the Texas and despite its wide availability, charges import beer prices for it merely because it is better than Budweiser.

Shiner beers can be found in every grocery store, convenience store, liquor store and bar. They are ubiquitous.

Cohiba cigars are made by an American company in the Dominican Republic, having borrowed the name from a company annexed by Communists:
http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/american-company-steal-cuban-cigar-brand/story?id=18870481

These cigars appear in every grocery store, convenience store and liquor store that sells cigars. Like Macanudo, they have perfect market penetration.

The problem with this market penetration is that it makes people wary. We know the product cycle: from an innovation to a margin-squeezing cash cow to a mass-culture product that is mediocre but well-marketed.

For this reason, many of us will avoid any product we see in too many places.

A successful cigar company or beer company might target all liquor stores and seek to stay out of the convenience stores and groceries, which will grossly limit its sales but keep its brand value higher.

JPW

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 07:57:03 AM »
FIne, cherry-flavored tobacco wrapped in the dead flesh of Davos Globalists.

JPW

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 07:58:09 AM »
SHiner is adequate.  Drink Sierra Nevada Porter instead.