Author Topic: What makes a President that doesn't make a King?  (Read 866 times)

-A

• Coordinator
What makes a President that doesn't make a King?
« on: July 22, 2016, 12:09:49 PM »
I had a bit of a debate with my father over discussing Cruz's slimy little stunt. He told me that Trump is a business man, not a President. I asked that since the appeal of democracy is that anybody could run for President so long as they are a born citizen, what does Trump being a business man have to do with it? Shouldn't the most successful in the real world be the ones to run? If there is really such a thing as someone being a born president and someone being a born business man, why do we even have a democracy at all? Why not have a King instead? Why not have a whole privatized government made up of people who are born leaders of society itself instead of people who go to school for poli-sci? I got nothing. He walked out of the kitchen to go and watch some more tv. He wasn't even mad. Just plain nothing left to say on his part.

In a universe where we could make our original democracy work, what would make a President that would not make a King? Why keep his term to only eight years at the most?

JPW

Re: What makes a President that doesn't make a King?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 12:13:18 PM »
Cruz is trained to hold commerce in disdain.  You can't go to Hahvad and not pick up some of that stink.  Trump doesn't have the establishment chops on him, so in the eyes of an establishment man, he has been weighed in the balance and found light in the @$$.  I would say a President cannot be a king because he has to accept the will of the legislature and supreme court.  A king would do to USSC Justices what Henry XIII did to his wives.

Dissident Aggressor

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 01:11:37 PM »
And Erdogan is doing to the fifth column in Turkey.

-A

• Coordinator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 01:19:02 PM »
A king would do to USSC Justices what Henry XIII did to his wives.

Lol.

I would say a President cannot be a king because he has to accept the will of the legislature and supreme court

This is true. However, if there are any people who are not already good and in the Monarchy camp, what is that Je-ne-sais-quois that one looks for in a president? How is it different from what one would want in a King and why would it be for the best to keep a limited term of power for this person?

Trump doesn't have the establishment chops on him, so in the eyes of an establishment man, he has been weighed in the balance and found light in the @$$.

This seems to be a pretty good answer to the question but, it is incidental. When we live in a country where the establishment conservatives still think that it is important that anybody could even aspire to run for the presidency, what is so off putting outside of this about a business man? What is so alluring about Cruz's televangelist shtick? Could there be some innate difference between people who are good at making money under a conducive market and people who are good at making stability in a conducive climate of power?

And Erdogan is doing to the fifth column in Turkey.

More like demolishing it and watching as ISIS erodes his nation in exchange for stolen oil and kickbacks. He was the fifth column once and has the typical obtuseness to wonder why on earth the same thing would happen to him. He just got off the trolley is all.

JPW

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 01:43:25 PM »
Re: Televangelist shtick...Nothing.  Trump owned 'Bama, and much of the rest of the Bible Belt.

Re Term Limits...I see it as a so what.  A bunch of butthurt Republicans put it int here in belated reaction to FDR.

One more thought.  A president will scare people if they get too full of themselves.  The office was originally assigned to be an executive officer, not a divine right monarch.  People still get that at some level and expect a certain modesty out of the Prez...

Pluto

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 10:53:59 AM »
Looking on this through the lense of skepticism and science: The cold, dead evidence is that Cruz is a liar, a mouthpiece of the republican party elite, a con-man. And Trump is a panderer, a man that kisses the ass of neo-nazis and jews at the same time to get in power. His wife is plastic. His "criticism" of the Iraq War is as plastic, and irrelevant after all these years. He is building bridges with the liberals by posing as anti-war, but he is going to "bomb the hell out of ISIS" which means burn alive more innocent muslims in agreement with his friends in the knesset, and of course more american blood in the deserts. That Trump is vastly more preferable to that proven criminal bitch, is not a reason to consider Trump as a good man. He's just dropping bones to you ppl and you are eating them like the good pleb-dogs you are. Please... Your country's history has long been an inspiration for me but you will not make America great again until you throw the AIPACs and FEDs and every foreign agent out of your land. Throw these "babies out of their incubators" and reclaim sovereignty. There is no America after 1910s. People around the world either hate you, or are laughing at you like me. 3000 of your own ppl died in 9/11, maybe most of them roasted alive as if they were beef. Investigate, look for the truth, who is controlling the US? I cant believe that this nation of open horizons, of the legacy of the Frontier has become a nation of fucking plebs. Please...... Trump...

-A

• Coordinator
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 04:59:38 PM »
To clarify, I am not saying that Trump is a King nor am I saying that business men are supposed to be Kings. The qualities of leadership that differentiate a business man from a King which have eluded so many people's tongues is the factual subject of this post. If a business man should not run for president in a gentry state and democratic republic then, what is he lacking? If there is a man who has these traits which are lacking, why limit his term?