Author Topic: Introduction To Nihilism  (Read 1848 times)

vir

• Manager
Introduction To Nihilism
« on: October 29, 2016, 12:32:38 AM »

Among the possibilities that scare humans the most, the potentiality of no meaning — no inherent values, no innate truths, and no possibility of accurate communication — unnerves us the most. It means that we are truly alone with nothing to rely on but ourselves for understanding this vast world and what we should do in it. This belief is called nihilism.

Nihilism rejects the ideas of universalism, rationalism and empiricism which have ruled the West for centuries. These ideas arise from our social impulses, or the desire to include others as a group and motivate them with what is perceived as objective truth.

Universalism holds that all people are essentially the same, and therefore that values are a matter of respecting the choices of each person, truth is what can be verified in a way a group can understand, and communication relies on words which have immutable meaning. Rationalism supposes that the workings our minds can tell us what is true in the world without testing, and implies universalism, or that the workings of our minds are all the same. Empiricism, now linked to its cousin logical positivism, states that truth is only found in observable and testable, replicable observations.

https://manticorepress.net/2016/10/21/nihilism-an-introduction-by-brett-stevens/

This address the confusion people have over nihilism, dark organizations and the black pill.

crow

Re: Introduction To Nihilism
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 05:08:54 PM »
Taoism for those who don't get taoism.
The nihilist makes a big thing of this absence of inherency, since it terrifies him, and causes him to act-like he is man-ing-up, by claiming he doesn't care.
The taoist doesn't care.

But then, there are no taoists; only those who 'act' like they are.

Any genuine taoist vanishes.

-A

• Coordinator
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 02:28:25 PM »
Is it because they forgot to remember to exist?  :D

Just a bit of my special kind of humor. I don't get all of this hate on Nihilism. It seems to me that the Nihilist is willing to accept what most others in the West don't want to. They need a supernatural conscience to make their values universal ones. It is kind of like the hate I hear about LaVey...though he also hate Nihilism.

crow

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 03:02:07 PM »
Oh, I don't hate nihilism. It's just so pedestrian to the one-in-a-billion who discovers the (supposedly non-existent) truth.
A blind-alley, you could say. The brain in self-defense mode.