Author Topic: Christianity: salvation or insanity?  (Read 313661 times)

Jackal

Christianity: salvation or insanity?
« on: October 16, 2014, 11:33:22 PM »
Christianity is another great example of pretending that falsehood is true and insisting that others treat the excursion into total fantasyland as normal and rational.

2edgy4me.

Sponsz

Re: The Trans Debate: What is wrong with people?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 11:43:20 PM »
2edgy4me
You see that term used a lot by 19 year olds on reddit. 

I'm a big fan of realism and evidence.  When you live your life on the basis of false beliefs your entire decision process becomes distorted.  If one package of falsehood is ok, why not another?  Why demonize trannies when you yourself buy into all manner of ridiculous, wild lies about the nature of the universe?

It's also worth mentioning that the most pernicious founding assumptions of liberalism emerged from judeo christianity.  When you form beliefs in the absence of any evidence and adhere to them in the face of abundant evidence what you end up with is a pile of rot.

Urban IX

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 11:50:10 PM »
This thread is derailed to all hell. A tranny redditor screaming oppression and edgelords baiting an off-topic debate on Christianity's validity.

Sponsz

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 11:53:54 PM »
Just a point about shattered OODA loops and it's actually absolutely on topic.  If you are going to worship a jewish zombie, why castigate others for pretending that they're female and evangelizing it like a religion?  What's the difference once you live in a fantasy world? The tranny's attack on christianity is just the pot calling the kettle black and vice versa.

It's like LARPers and Otherkin attacking each other's philosophical basis.

Urban IX

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 11:58:12 PM »
In brief: Because transsexualism is delusion and Christianity is not.

Sponsz

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 12:03:40 AM »
In brief: Because transsexualism is delusion and Christianity is not.
Ok, provide some hard evidence supporting some of its bizarre theological claims. 

The fact is there is actually abundant hard evidence supporting brain abnormalities in trannies which goes a long way toward explaining their bizarre fantasy ideologies.  What's your excuse?

Urban IX

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 12:08:36 AM »
Bizarre? I wouldn't say its theological claims are bizarre. They seem quite normal to me.

vir

• Manager
Re: Christianity: salvation or insanity?
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 12:44:24 AM »
Controversial statement:

All systems of thought are philosophies. These can include descriptive and prescriptive values, among others.

"There are no facts, only interpretations." Yes, and there are no philosophies or ideologies; only interpretations.

Interpretation varies directly with (a) IQ and (b) character, including traits like openness and less formulated attributes like nobility.

People interpret philosophies according to their own perceptions, which (per esotericism) vary directly with their abilities and time spend exploring these ideas.

It would take me all night to tell about Old Bull Lee; let's just say now, he was a teacher, and it may be said that he had every right to teach because he spent all his time learning; and the things he learned were what he considered to be and called "the facts of life," which he learned, not only out of necessity but because he wanted to. He dragged his long, thin body around the entire United States and most of Europe and North Africa in his time, only to see what was going on.... there are pictures of him with the international cocaine set of the thirties — gangs with wild hair, leaning on one another, there are other pictures of him in a Panama hat, surveying the streets of Algiers.... He was an exterminator in Chicago, a bartender in New York, a summons-server in Newark. In Paris he sat at cafe tables, watching the sullen French faces go by. In Athens he looked up from his ouzo at what he called the ugliest people in the world. In Istanbul he threaded his way through crowds of opium addicts and rug-sellers, looking for the facts. In Chicago he planned to hold up a Turkish bath, hesitated just for two minutes too long for a drink, and, wound up with two dollars and had to make a run for it. He did all these things merely for the experience....

A genius interpreting Christianity will make of it a genius religion; an idiot interpreting any religion will make it idiotic. Nature > nurture, and there's a correlating factor: geniuses tend to explore more than idiots, in part because they can see what to explore where it is invisible to most people.

Numerous scientists have had metaphysical belief; many of the great philosophers articulated them as well. Using materialism to argue against metaphysics is a failed argument because by its very nature a non-sampling category cannot comment on a sampling category; the two do not overlap. It is like using smoke signals to disprove radio signals.

Instead of focusing on blanket categorical statements like whether or not we think Christianity is Aktion T4 material, let us look at an interpretation of Christianity that would be healthy.

For context, I am a perennialist, but not a big fan of dualism. I seek the triad: culture, heritage and values. This includes religion, but cannot base its arguments in religion itself.

Sponsz

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 07:49:07 AM »
Bizarre? I wouldn't say its theological claims are bizarre. They seem quite normal to me.
Ok, so provide some supporting evidence.

If you're going to live based on realism, do that.   What religion does is make a collection of baseless assertions and then try post facto to interpret the world in such a way as to justify the specious founding assumptions.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/OODA_loop

As for the utility of religion to manipulate and control the proles gullible enough to  believe it, I'm fine with that. 

Christianity is an inclusive place.  As long as you pay your tithe in the plate, they will accept anybody from post-op transvestites to the swarthiest mestizo.

And let's face it, not everybody has what it takes to face reality.  The world is a pretty scary place and some people just need fairy tales to hang on to.  But don't blame the realist for calling religion what it is.

vir

• Manager
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 08:45:44 AM »
I like to enforce high standards, and this enforcement does not reveal my position.

Christianity is an inclusive place.  As long as you pay your tithe in the plate, they will accept anybody from post-op transvestites to the swarthiest mestizo.

Not logical, because every other organization is the same way. Government, business, the military, etc.

Same way lack of Jews at collapse of Maya, Aztec and Inca empires suggests the cause of civilization collapse is not Jews.

warkin

• Coordinator
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 02:23:39 PM »
Christianity vs. Trannyanity: which is truer?  Ye shall know them by their fruits.  That is, don't get too caught up in details, look at the results.

There are many historical examples of healthy Christian civilizations and communities.  The most basic requirement for a healthy community is that it endures, it reproduces.  Maybe one day there will be a civilization of transsexuals that replicates via cloning vats.

scourge

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 03:01:00 PM »
There isn't any way around the primacy of results, deemed immoral or unpopular or no, particularly when looking evolutionary in scope. Things we consider horrible and unconscionable now were of immense benefit, indeed indispensable to the fruits of evolutionary fitness we enjoy today. Both the modern religious and secular sides have behaved like a bunch of backward, reactionary rubes when it comes to letting nature take its course.

Sponsz

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 04:05:14 PM »
The most basic requirement for a healthy community is that it endures, it reproduces.

That's exactly the way cancerous tumors are healthy.  There has to be more than that even in a basic definition.

Jackal

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2014, 04:40:25 PM »
Lets be clear. I have no memory of the creation of this thread. Commented on the tranny thread. There was a sense of arrogance ascribed to putting down and delibratley misrepresenting christianity.

Thats why its 2edgy4me.

Too bad instead of transcending the stereotype you decided to make an ass out of yourself.

You see that term used a lot by 19 year olds on reddit.

ironic considering that the faggot in the thread said he was from reddit. The phrase is apt considering how autistic the anti-christianity 'critiques' are.

I'm a big fan of realism and evidence

no. Youre a materialist. Its a philosophical position.

When you live your life on the basis of false beliefs your entire decision process becomes distorted.

An exceedingly small number of people actually consider their own beliefs in any manner approaching rigor. Not only do I doubt you spend alot of time considering your own priors but I consider this quote to be basically begging the question. You assume everyone is as philosophically ignorant as you.

If one package of falsehood is ok, why not another?

some many questions to beg. So little time.

Why demonize trannies when you yourself buy into all manner of ridiculous, wild lies about the nature of the universe?

sophistry.

Why demonize trannies? They are symptoms of anti-civilization moralities. Thats a good enough start.

The rest of your statement is just edgelord redditor.

It's also worth mentioning that the most pernicious founding assumptions of liberalism emerged from judeo christianity.

first of judeo chrisitanity isnt really a fair stament. Abrahamic religion perhaps.

"the most pernicious founding assumptions of liberalism"

well prove it. This is just the natsoc atheist critique of christianity one sees on 8chan. Its more likely a European (the proto leftists) phenomenon than a christian one considering the orthodox and catholic traditions. Still its your claim.

When you form beliefs in the absence of any evidence and adhere to them in the face of abundant evidence what you end up with is a pile of rot.

...riggggggghhhhtttt. and yet im the '19 year old on reddit'

If you are going to worship a jewish zombie, why castigate others for pretending that they're female and evangelizing it like a religion?

I'm going to call you a cunt.

Cunt.

You're mostly a cunt for generating a fallacious statement. Most commonly seen as a false equivalence but there are a few others that could be drawn on at this point.

However there is a very logical reason that religions are not inclusive of other religions and I'm not sure how you havent grasped that yet.

It's like LARPers and Otherkin attacking each other's philosophical basis.

they haven't even gone that far. Hell you havent even spared a single neuron to it.

Ok, provide some hard evidence supporting some of its bizarre theological claims. 

look at the 5 dollar word: theology.

Its part of the study of reality, you like realism right?, more commonly known as metaphysics.

Comprised of cosmology, ontology, and theology.

What, pray tell, are the bizzare theological claims?

The fact is there is actually abundant hard evidence supporting brain abnormalities in trannies which goes a long way toward explaining their bizarre fantasy ideologies.

body, mind, spirit. Its a type of sickness. I see no reason the body wouldnt have evidence of such evidence.

What's your excuse?

I've actually spent some time considering the philosophical basis of materialism, evidence, science, phenomenology, and the general study of metaphysics.

http://cl.ly/3Z0r3m0W003H

you could start at one point. Whats your excuse?

Ok, so provide some supporting evidence.

youre the one who made the claim. Herpaderp that means you have to justify it.

Do you understand how this works?

If you're going to live based on realism, do that.   What religion does is make a collection of baseless assertions and then try post facto to interpret the world in such a way as to justify the specious founding assumptions.

how realistic is a world without metaphysics? easy answer: not very.

And let's face it, not everybody has what it takes to face reality.  The world is a pretty scary place and some people just need fairy tales to hang on to.  But don't blame the realist for calling religion what it is.

next time how about you face that youre just verifying the redditor atheist stereotype. No better than dawkins.

That's exactly the way cancerous tumors are healthy.  There has to be more than that even in a basic definition.

speaking of fields you dont get: oncology. Tumors dont endure. Tumors are so unstable they can actually catch meta-cancer. There are more definitions but your logical refutation is illogical.

====================

Thansk vir.

Numerous scientists have had metaphysical belief; many of the great philosophers articulated them as well. Using materialism to argue against metaphysics is a failed argument because by its very nature a non-sampling category cannot comment on a sampling category; the two do not overlap. It is like using smoke signals to disprove radio signals.

Sponsz

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 05:46:47 PM »
Yeah, jackal, you got me.  I don't know anything about oncology or biology in general so I will just have to defer to the expertise you have on display.

People ask me why I don't participate in places like this.