Author Topic: Christianity: salvation or insanity?  (Read 313308 times)

vir

• Manager
Re: Christianity: salvation or insanity?
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2014, 11:55:52 AM »
I suspect it's a 60/40 mix in favor of solipsism - you seem obsessed about manipulating others towards some kind of static optimized goal, but rather than spell out that goal so you could participate in a healthy discussion of how to accomplish it, you think we're all good little sheep to be bullshitted too.

I do not think we should bullshit and manipulate. These things cause a binary inversion when partially debunked (look at drug education).

Instead, I think we should look at the roots of metaphysics, and go back to the question that Schopenhauer posed:

If we accept that an underlying order of information exists, why might it lack a God/afterlife?

He was the first "metaphysical atheist" I encountered.

crow

« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2016, 06:09:08 PM »
All anyone needs to know about life is that it exists.
The Universe exists.
The World exists.
Even you, for now, exist.

Anything else is fluff.
Does God exist? Try looking, with an unbiased attitude.
Is there meaning in life? Why not discover it for yourself?
Life after death? You'll find out, won't you?
A future? Same thing.

You exist. That's all that counts. Try doing it to the best of your ability. Then all the other stuff will resolve itself, by itself.

-A

• Coordinator
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2016, 08:07:33 PM »
Rather said, don't base your own existence off of questions.

vir

• Manager
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2017, 02:13:37 AM »
Christianity is 99% good and 1% bad, with that bad perhaps seeming trivial but being fatal: it is not of wholly European origin, even if it is mostly European, Indian and middle eastern thought rebranded.

That is the challenge to any future Christians; how to make it European?

It may need a name change and a more heroic end than a Roman crucifixion.

-A

• Coordinator
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2017, 02:16:25 AM »
A good basis in Theology and where it came from would be a good start. Then, use Euro Gods in place of the Biblical figures. Also, remove what doesn't really work for the European and make something new which does and fills the same role as that which did not work. That is an idea and only a start. I think it also bears importance as to what the European needs from a Savior and Redeemer. What brings Grace in Christianity that was so lacking from the Greeks, Romans and Nords? Or the Gothic Nation for that matter. Why did the Gothic kings who took Rome turn to Christendom when they were in charge? More to the point, what is entirely a foreign idea to Europe? What did we simply take from abroad and not learn from the principles of? Finally, what is the true allure of Paganism?