Author Topic: MetalGate  (Read 452410 times)

vir

• Manager
MetalGate
« on: December 11, 2014, 08:43:14 AM »
http://www.deathmetal.org/tag/metalgate

Summary: Social Justice Warriors (SJWs) are people who engage in civil rights activism for entertainment. They have infiltrated metal academia, journalism and labels and are promoting their style of protest rock re-branded as metal and hoping to take over the genre and use it as a vehicle for their propaganda.

See also:

vir

• Manager
Re: #MetalGate
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 05:09:31 PM »
See list of SJW-articles and Metalgate articles here:

http://www.deathmetal.org/forum/index.php/topic,18555.msg90642.html#msg90642

Scott

Welcome MetalGate.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 12:13:19 AM »
We are shifting gears with MetalGate Band and the broader #metalgate.

It has become imperative that #metalgate gets off of Facebutt and broadens its horizons. If this is not achieved I fear #metalgate will not achieve its broader and long term goals.

Those of you who've come to this forum are those of you who have shown a lot more than a mere passing interest in what #metalgate has to offer. You have shown yourself to be an integral part of what's made this all culminate and turn a few heads in the metal journalism industry.

You have, through your own actions, gotten the attention of at least some people in the heavy metal community and you are here because it is obvious that it is you who belongs here. Now we can really focus on the really pressing concerns that #metalgate faces. We can more easily share important information, organize events, and keep much better organized through this forum.

Welcome #metalgate. You are the first line of defense for the music you love. If you are simply here to fend off SJW's then you are more than welcome as well.

Let's do this thing folks.

vir

• Manager
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 10:27:14 AM »
Shots fired:

When I first saw the term “feminist death metal” being used, I cringed harder than the time I tried to watch Demo Reel. My reaction was understandable given the bad behavior of feminists, especially in recent years. Feminism claims to be about equality, but if that's the case, why don't they just call themselves egalitarian? If they want equality for both the sexes, then why are they using a label that prioritizes one sex over the other? The truth is, feminism wants to make men and women equal by tearing down men.

http://www.servileinsurrection.com/2015/05/castrator-no-victim.html?spref=tw

veryorigen

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 10:40:34 AM »
Castrator - Honor Killing

The last time I was this triggered was at a Derketa show and Sharon Bascovsky's testicles fell out of her Levi 501's.

vir

• Manager
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 11:25:20 AM »
It's with mixed emotions that I see the Brown Scare starting to really rise up and kick ass in my own dear field of hackerdom.   "The enemy at last in view, huge and hateful, all disguise cast off..."

Brown Scare?  Or dare I say... #BrownScare?  But what else to name America's ginormous, never-ending, profoundly insane witch-hunt for fascists under the bed?

For there's nothing new here.  At the height of the lame, doomed "Red Scare," the Brown Scare was ten times bigger.  You may think it was difficult making a living as a communist screenwriter in 1954. It was a lot easier than being a fascist screenwriter.  Or even an anticommunist screenwriter.  (Same thing, right?)  And as any pathetic last shreds of real opposition shrink and die off, the Scare only grows.  That's how winners play it.  That's just how the permanent revolution rolls.

http://unqualified-reservations.blogspot.com/2013/09/technology-communism-and-brown-scare.html

vir

• Manager
Re: MetalGate
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 08:44:00 AM »
For MetalGate, I suggest the following focus:

1. Anti-censorship
2. Defense of metal

With two caveats:

A. Censorship is now enforced by group opinion of a plurality, not a strong centralized force.
B. Metal must be defended against "assimilation" or introducing of rock composition/ideas by a cabal of journalists, labels, academics and hipsters.

vir

• Manager
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 02:09:50 PM »

accountt1234

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 03:16:17 PM »
Who the fuck is gonna watch that? Six fricking hours, srsly?

vir

• Manager
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 06:25:22 PM »
Who the fuck is gonna watch that? Six fricking hours, srsly?

I think this is a valid criticism, and one I made last time when it hit four hours.